Following the merger in 2013 that created North East Scotland College, it was seen as extremely important to have a clear strategy for how the College develops in coming years. As such, we have adopted a vision for the College - and in order to achieve this vision, we have agreed values for how to work with our staff and students.
The values relate to commitment and excellence, empowerment and engagement, and respect and diversity. The College is fully committed to embodying these values into every aspect of our operations. The hard work begins now to adopt our vision and values and achieve our objectives, and as a College we are now stronger, and in a better position than ever, to serve the people of the North East of Scotland.
North East Scotland College's vision is to be a College that transforms lives and supports regional development.
Our values are the foundation of all that we do and state what is really important to us. They apply to everyone who comes to the College to learn or work.
Commitment and Excellence
- Understanding and responding to the needs of our students, staff, key stakeholders and customers
- Being business-like and professional
- Maintaining clear focus on our goals and ensuring these are achieved through effective planning and organisation
- Achieving excellence by continually evaluating and improving our services
- Ensuring our processes are consistent, accessible, effective and efficient.
Empowerment and Engagement
- Creating an environment where innovation and creativity are encouraged and can flourish
- Providing clear direction, information and communication
- Providing development opportunities to ensure we have the skills, knowledge and confidence to perform to the best of our ability
- Giving recognition and praise
- Encouraging and supporting collaboration.
Respect and Diversity
- Valuing the experience and talent of all
- Treating others with dignity and respect
- Creating an accessible, inclusive learning and working environment
- Being fair, open and transparent to ensure a culture of mutual trust and integrity.
The following leaflet outlines the College's Vision and Values, alongside the strategic aims and objectives agreed by the Board of Management.