Degree Link is the unique partnership between North East Scotland College and Robert Gordon University (RGU). It allows students to gain advanced entry to a degree at RGU after they have successfully completed a relevant HNC/HND at NESCol.
Making the connection
Traditionally, Degree Link is offered on a 2+2 basis - two years at College, followed by two years at University. This is an option that many students choose, with over 300 students progressing from North East Scotland College to Robert Gordon University each year.
Other options include:
- The 1+1+2 option, where students can start at College on an HNC course, progress to the second year of an HND course and then progress directly into third year at RGU.
- The 1+3 option is also available for some courses, where you can complete your HNC and enter second year of a related degree course.
It is important to understand that in some cases, you may need to meet course specific requirements in order to gain entry. For example, this might mean you are required to submit a portfolio or attend an interview. For more information you can contact:
RGU Admissions Team
Telephone: 01224 262728
As part of the Degree Link programme, you can become an Associate Student of RGU whilst still at College.
Associate Student Scheme
The Associate Student Scheme is free to all NESCol HN students who are planning to progress to RGU through the Degree Link course.
As an Associate Student you will receive an RGU Associate Student card, which means you can access university facilities and resources whilst you are still at College. These include:
- Student membership rates at RGU:Sport
- Access to the university’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) – CampusMoodle
- Access to library facilities including online databases and eBooks
Please note that registration to become an Associate Student is a supplement to applying through the UCAS system and does not replace this process. Please remember to submit your UCAS application in the usual way, before the January deadline.