Energy Efficiency Transition Training Fund
A National Energy Efficiency Transition Training Fund, supported by the Energy Skills Partnership (ESP), has been put in place by the Scottish Government.
This fund will support training for those in the energy, engineering and construction sectors whose careers have been affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The fully-funded courses below are aimed at upskilling and enhancing the qualifications of individuals over 25 years old who currently work, or have worked in, the energy, engineering or construction industries and have been made redundant or at risk of being made redundant.
Why not check your eligibility, browse the courses and take the first step towards transforming your future today?
Are you eligible?
- You must be aged 25 or over
- Live in Scotland
- You must have become unemployed since 1 March 2020
- been notified that you are at risk of redundancy or unemployed eg. furloughed.
Courses offered under the scheme:
Water Byelaws (1 day at Altens Campus)
- Suitable for SVQ Level 3 qualified plumbers and HVAC engineers, this course will give an understanding of water regulations and byelaws.
Unvented hot water (1 day at Altens Campus)
- This course is for SVQ Level 3 qualified plumbing and heating engineers who want to install Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems to enable them to demonstrate their competence so they join a Competent Persons’ Scheme.
18th edition wiring regulations (8 evenings at Fraserburgh Campus)
- Designed for SVQ Level 3 qualified electricians, this course will ensure candidates have a sound working knowledge of the IET wiring regulations.
IOSH Managing Safely (3 days at Altens Campus)
- This course will ensure that managers and supervisors understand that they are accountable and responsible for issues relating to health and safety in the workplace.
NEBOSH General Certificate (10 days at Altens Campus)
- This course offers excellent grounding in the fundamentals of occupational health and safety management.
Please check individual course pages for entry requirements for each course.
Need more information to help you decide?
Please email the Student Advice Centre: email@example.com . Alternatively, you can use LiveChat which is available when you see a purple speech bubble icon at the bottom of the screen.