Come along and find out more about the range of full-time and part-time courses available at NESCol.
Saturday, 11th March 2017
At the Aberdeen City Campus Open Day, as well as being able to find out more about the wide range of full-time and part-time courses offered at the Campus why not take a guided tour of the public areas before discovering the state-of-the-art teaching facilities in your chosen area of study. Why not bring your friends and family to have a look too!
What will be on offer at the event?
- Informative talks on the benefits of college study and progression opportunities will take place at regular intervals.
- Staff will also be on-hand to give individual advice on course choice, careers, funding, support and progression from college.
- A representative from SAAS (the Student Awards Agency for Scotland) will be able to give information on funding to HNC/HND level course applicants.
- If you would like to know how you can get the most out of your college experience, speak to a member of the Students' Association team.
- Find out how you could progress to third year of a degree course after your college studies from representatives of Aberdeen University and Robert Gordon University.
- Our cafeteria will be open for you to purchase refreshments throughout the event.
- Need somewhere to stay during your studies? Representatives from Unite (Spring Gardens, Causeway View, etc) and Homes for Students (2 Powis Place) will be at the Open Day.
Visiting other Centres
If you would like to visit Altens Campus but don't have your own transport, a free shuttle bus will run from our Aberdeen City Campus to Altens and back again. Just come along on the day, there's no need to book in advance. Bus times are as follows:
Leaving Aberdeen City Campus at 10:30am, 11:15am and 12:15pm
Leaving Aberdeen Altens Campus at 11:45am, 1:00pm and 1:45pm
College and Employer Open Evening
Thursday, 2nd March 2017
4:00pm – 7:00pm
This event is designed to inform pupils, students and the wider community of the career opportunities across the region. It is a must for anyone considering what their next move should be – whether a College course, apprenticeship, into employment or university progression.
The event opens at 3pm to allow students who are studying at the College that day to attend. Doors will be open to the general public from 4.00 to 7.00pm. No pre-registration is required.
Guidance and funding teams will also be on hand to offer advice and answer any specific questions you may have. Information Sessions will be running at 5pm and 6pm, and will cover funding for courses and progression opportunities.
Representatives from the Shell Engineering Scheme will also be on hand to talk about applications for their course.
Aberdeen Foyer; Aberdeenshire Council; Aberdeenshire Council (Creative Industries); Army; Barratt Homes; BrewDog UK; Construction Industry Training Board; Clyde Marine Training; Cornerstone; EnerMech Ltd; Genesis Personnel; Gray & Adams Limited; Halliburton; Hiretech Limited; Johnston Carmichael; Morrison Construction; NHS Grampian; Police Scotland; Project SEARCH; RAF; Real Life Options; Robert Gordon University; Royal Navy/Royal Marines; Schlumberger; Score Group Plc; Scotia Homes Ltd; Scottish Maritime Academy; Scottish Prison Service - HMP-YOI Grampian; Shell UK Limited (Engineering Scheme); Skills Development Scotland (SDS); SNIPEF; Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS); Surelift; University of Aberdeen.