Equality Mainstreaming and Outcomes
The College is committed to providing an inclusive and equitable environment for all staff, students and stakeholders. As a public body, it is required to meet the needs detailed in the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) — to prevent harassment and discrimination; ensure equality of opportunity and to promote good relations between people of different protected characteristic groups. The protected characteristics include age; disability; sex; sexual orientation; race; religion/belief; gender reassignment and pregnancy but the College also considers other groups such as care experienced and those from a deprived socio-economic background.
The reports on this page provide information on how key areas of the College are mainstreaming equality into everyday life and work and how NESCol is meeting the three needs for which the PSED requires public bodies to have due regard. They also set out the College’s Equality Outcomes for 2021-25. An interim progress review and revised outcomes were published in April 2023 and this report is also available here as are the most recent Pay Gap report (Gender And Ethnicity) and 2022 Staff Equality Report.
The College Equality and Diversity Policy and the Equal Pay Statement are also available.
- The Public Sector Equality Duty Report (2023 Interim Report)
- Pay Gap Report – Gender And Ethnicity (2022)
- Staff Equality Report (2022)
- Learning & Development Report (Academic Year 2020-2021 & Academic Year 2021-2022)
- Equality Mainstreaming and Outcomes Report
- Appendix 1: College Evaluative Report
- Appendix 2: Staff Equality Profile
- Appendix 3: Pay Gap Report – Gender And Ethnicity (2020)
- Appendix 4: Occupational Segregation Report – Gender (2020)
- Appendix 5: Occupational Segregation – Disability (2020)
- Appendix 6: Occupational Segregation – Race/Ethnicity (2020)
- Appendix 7: Learning and Development
- Appendix 8: NESCol at Home Student Survey
- Appendix 9: Equality Outcomes Report (2019-2020)
- Appendix 10: North East Scotland College – Equality Outcomes (2021-2025)