Visa & Immigration

It is likely you will need to have pre-settled/settled status or a visa to study here if you are a national of a country outside the UK.

NESCol takes great pride in its diversity – we welcome applications from across Europe and the world.

There are lots of reasons to choose to study in Scotland and there are various funding options to explore.

EU, EEA and Swiss students who were living in the UK prior to 31 December 2020 – and those already studying here – will continue to receive support with their fees as long as they meet the residency requirements and have applied to the Home Office’s Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021.

The Settlement Scheme provides pre-settled or settled status, depending on how long an individual has lived in the UK.

Those yet to start a course can apply for funding to cover the cost of course fees.

EU, EEA and Swiss students already enrolled on a course which started before 31 December 2020 are eligible to apply for support until they have finished their course, including articulating from College to continue studying at university as long as there is not a break in those studies (such as a gap year).

Our Student Advice Team is on hand to guide you through those steps. Contact . Further information is also available in the Study in the UK section on the UK Government website and the Scottish Government website.

The Scottish Government has also recently launched a new website, Scotland’s Migration Service, which you may find useful.