Website Privacy Notice
This website (the “Site”) is provided by The Board of Management of North East Scotland College, a body corporate constituted by and acting under the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992 and having its administrative centre at Aberdeen City Campus, Gallowgate, Aberdeen AB25 1BN (“we” or “us”).
This privacy notice tells you what to expect when we collect personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website;
- Users of our website forms and systems;
NESCol is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
NESCol may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2019.
- Links to other websites
- Your rights
- Our Data Protection Officer
- Sharing your information
- Purpose and lawful basis for processing
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have legal rights about the way we manage and use your data. You can:
- ask for a copy of it, free of charge
- ask us to change data held about you that is incorrect or incomplete
- ask us to stop using your personal data until it is rectified.
- ask for the use of your data to be restricted
- ask us to erase your data (known as the ‘right to be forgotten)
- tell us that you have changed your mind if you have previously given consent for your
- information to be used for a particular purpose
- ask us for a portable electronic copy of your data (data portability)
If you have any questions or requests regarding our use of your personal information you should contact the College’s Data Protection Officer in the first instance
Data Protection Officer
Address: Jacqueline Gillanders, Data Protection Officer
North East Scotland College
Aberdeen AB25 1BN
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if you think that your data is not being processed in accordance with Data Protection legislation. Their helpline is and their website is at www.ico.org.uk.
Purpose and legal basis for processing
We use your personal information gathered in relation to use of our website and obtained through online applications, contact forms and other means of inputting your details to:
- Maintain and monitor the performance of our website
- Improve the site and the services it offers
- To process online applications for courses (see our student applications privacy notice for more details)
- To contact you, if requested, about specific matters.
The lawful bases we rely on are Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, where consent is required, or Article 6(1)(f), where its in our necessary legitimate interests (for example to maintain integrity of of IT systems), or Article 6(1)(b) in relation to course applications and entering into an agreement with NESCol.
Our recommended settings include the use of Google Analytic cookies. When someone visits our website we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out information such as the number and demographic details of visitors to a certain page of the website. This information allows the college to understand general web behaviour and make changes to the web experience where appropriate.
This information is anonymised and processed in a way which does not identify you as a user and we do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website via Google Analytics.
We follow Google’s policy for informing you that we use Google Analytics (see clause 7 at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html) and advise that if you want specific information about how Google collects and processed data to check it at this link https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en-GB&gl=uk . Google will keep this up to date.
We recommend that you allow this cookie.