Clearing week: NESCol teams on hand to provide help and support
August 8, 2021
NESCol is offering advice and support to help learners secure their place on courses starting after the summer break.
The College – with its three main campuses located in Aberdeen City Centre, Altens and Fraserburgh – has a range of full-time opportunities on offer.
Applications for courses for the new session, starting on 30 August, remain open and the NESCol team is on hand to guide prospective students through the process.
The chance to speak to subject specialists will also be available as part of the College’s Virtual Clearing Week, running from 9-13 August.
The week, coinciding with the issuing of exam certificates by the SQA, will provide an opportunity for those receiving results to finalise their plans and secure a spot on courses starting after the summer holidays.
- Call the dedicated NESCol clearing hotline on 01224 612301 from 10am to 3.30pm from Monday to Friday to speak to our team, who can answer general queries and guide you through the application process.
- If you would like to speak to one of our subject specialists, complete the form below to request a callback or to enable us to respond by email. Bookings are being taken for Tuesday and Wednesday, coinciding with the issuing of results by the SQA.
- On Wednesday join a live application workshop from 10am to noon.
- On Tuesday and Wednesday our partners at SAAS are hosting online workshops to help with funding applications. Click here to book a free place.
- Throughout the week advisors are available via the LiveChat function on our website. When this is available, you’ll see a purple LiveChat icon at the bottom of the screen.
NESCol Principal Neil Cowie said: “Although provisional results were issued to school pupils prior to the summer break, we know a number of school leavers are in the process of making final decisions about their plans for the year ahead and receiving the exam certificate on 10 August will be a prompt for many to take that next step.
“Our Virtual Clearing Week was very successful last year in providing support and advice at such a crucial time. Our friendly and knowledgeable teams will be on hand to provide guidance and to make the process of joining NESCol a smooth and welcoming one.
“Our curriculum is constantly evolving, with new and updated courses developed to meet the needs of industry and give students the best chance of rewarding careers. We also continue to innovate in course delivery to ensure an engaging and nurturing experience for all of our students.
“The new session promises to be an exciting time for students and staff, with opportunities and a real sense of energy about everything we have planned. Our focus is on ensuring everyone has the chance to fulfil their potential with NESCol and find the course that is right for them.”
Appointments to speak to a member of academic staff can be booked using the online form at www.nescol.ac.uk/clearing.