Flexible Workforce Development Fund
Training funding for Levy-payers (£15,000) and SMEs (£5,000).
About the Fund
The Scottish Government has confirmed the details of the 2021/22 Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF).
Funding is available to Apprenticeship Levy payers as well as Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) employers.
Apprenticeship Levy Funding
Levy-paying employers can access training up to a maximum of £15,000.
Levy-payers can nominate up to two of their supply chain companies to receive all or part of their allocation or can include supply chain company staff in training they have identified as a collective priority.
This funding is open to all SME employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sector. SMEs can access up to a maximum of £5,000 of training delivered by local colleges.
An employer that is both a Levy-payer and an SME can apply through the Apprenticeship Levy funding stream or the SME funding stream, but not both.
We talk through the opportunities and explain the process in this video –
Employers can choose from our “standardised” courses or can request a course tailored to specific needs.
Start the conversation today to ensure you take advantage of this opportunity. Training must be contractually agreed by 31st July 2022 and must have started by 31st August 2022. The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis.
Guidance and how to apply
Further information for employers can be found within Employer Guidance. To apply select either the Levy Payer or SME application form, complete and submit.
Looking for further information?
Contact Iain Cocker or call +44 (0)7866 531733
Contact Liam Ewen or call +44 (0)7821 681211
- The fund, worth £20m across Scotland, is to help employers pay for training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
- It can be used as a part-contribution towards training of a higher cost.
- Only one application may be submitted within the application period (and only in one region).
- The fund will not support any training required by law.
- All training must be contractually agreed by 31st July 2022 and must have started by 31st August 2022.
- Training to be completed by the end of 31st December 2022.
- This fund is for Scottish resident employees. There is a separate arrangement for employees in England.
- It is not restricted to apprentices and is in addition to apprenticeship support i.e. Modern Apprenticeship.
Levy-payer funding only
- Levy-payers can choose how to split the funding between the Levy-payer and one or two supply chain companies.
- Supply chain companies should not be Levy-payers in their own right.