Why wait? Start a full-time course at NESCol in early 2020!
December 5, 2019
North East Scotland College is offering places on eight courses starting in February at its three main campuses.
Applications are welcomed from those looking to kick start a new career as well as Christmas school leavers. All of the courses are designed to enable those who complete them to step up to the next level after the summer.
At Fraserburgh Campus
- A practical workshop-based mechanical course (Performing Engineering Operations: Mechanical Level 1) where students will learn how to use both power and hand tools to make components from technical drawings.
At Altens Campus
- An introduction to a range of skills used in the workshops of the construction, automotive and engineering industries. These are likely to include those in welding, fabrication, electrical/electronic, automotive maintenance and repair, automotive refinishing, bricklaying, painting & decorating, carpentry & joinery and plumbing.
At Aberdeen City Campus
- Introductory courses in both sport and science. Both are ideal starting points for anyone without related qualifications who would like to develop their knowledge and skills in the subject area.
- Fast track VRQ Level 1 in an Introduction to the Hair and Beauty Sector. This course may enable successful learners to progress to VRQ Level 2 Diploma in Women’s and Men’s Hairdressing in August.
- Creative Photography and Digital Arts – ideal for those who are interested in photography, colour theory, web design, video and animation, and would like to prepare for study at a higher level.
- Filmcraft and Animation – this course will give you access to a range of high quality equipment to introduce a range of topics including video production, sound design and animation skills.
- Computer Games Development and Social Media – for those interested in a career in games design, this course offers progession to NC Level 6 Computer Games Development.