A new training fund for employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy - worth £10,000 - is now available.
About the fund
If you are an Apprenticeship Levy payer you need to act fast to take advantage of the new Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) recently introduced by the Scottish Government.
Employers paying the Levy can apply for up to £10,000 to help pay for employee training. However, applications must be submitted by 28th February 2018 and training must have commenced by 30th June 2018.
- The fund gives Apprenticeship Levy-paying employers the opportunity to apply for up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017/18 to help pay for training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce.
- The fund is worth £10m across Scotland and can be accessed by an application process through Scotland’s regional colleges.
- Employers may submit only one application to the fund within the application period.
- A training needs analysis must be completed as part of the application process and the College can support employers with this. A sample template is provided to aid this exercise, or employers should feel free to complete their own analysis.
- The fund can be used as a part-contribution towards training of a higher cost.
- The fund is in addition to apprenticeship support which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland.
- The fund will not support any training required by law.
- Applications to the fund must be submitted by 28th February 2018.
The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis, so please contact us quickly to ensure you don’t miss out on the opportunity.
Whether you are looking to take advantage of this funding to access existing College courses or to create something bespoke to your own requirements, please get in touch.
Contact and downloads
For more information, please contact:
Duncan Abernethy, Director of Business Development
Tel: +44 (0)1346 586140 (Fraserburgh Campus); +44 (0)1224 612333 (Aberdeen City Campus); +44 (0)7918 691668 (Mobile)