Codecraft – a summer computing club for 9-14 year olds
June 27, 2022
We are delighted to announce that our popular Saturday computing club, Codecraft, has been adapted to run as a summer club for 9-14 year olds.
The club will be run in two separate sessions: CodeCraft for 9-11 year olds, and CodeCraft Pro for 12-14yrs.
Cameron Walker, the College’s Head of Sector for Computing and Engineering Technologies, said: “We created this club to inspire young people and encourage them to think about the opportunities available to them in the computing industry in the future. These fun sessions are open to both boys and girls, and it doesn’t matter if they’ve never tried coding or played Minecraft before.
The groups will run simultaneously at NESCol’s Aberdeen City Campus from 9AM-3PM over the course of two week-long blocks:
- Monday 4 – Friday 8 July
- Monday 11 – Friday 15 July
Club members will have the opportunity to:
- Use both Education and Java editions of Minecraft.
- Harness your creativity to create a Minecraft challenge world with mini games.
- Gain valuable social skills, make new friends and work together to make great builds.
- Participate in team mini games such as Bed Wars, Spleef and Punch.
- Learn about Minecraft servers that your friends can play on and customise it using plugins to make it a unique experience.
- Learn about cyber security and online safety
Find out more and book a place by emailing email@example.com.