Developing your understanding of science and hands-on experimental skills.
At our Aberdeen City Campus we have five laboratories, and one instrumental analysis laboratory. Each lab holds approximately 20 pupils, and there’s a range of specialist resources. In our Instrumental Analysis Lab alone you’ll find over £150,000 worth of equipment, including:
- High Performance Liquid Chromatographs (HPLC)
- Gas Chromatograph (GC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FTIR)
- Fluorescence Spectrometer
- Ultraviolet/Visible Spectrometer
- Flash Point Testers
- Chloride Analysers
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
As well as this, there are specialist microbiology laboratories in place – an excellent resource where students at all levels get the chance to learn important practical skills and develop good laboratory practice.