COVID-19 Community Impact Assessment Survey
July 6, 2021
In August 2020, Aberdeenshire Council undertook their first community impact assessment. Some of the emerging trends included:
1. People were concerned about their jobs, education, and safety in their community.
2. Residents reported to be drinking more alcohol.
3. Some people felt lonely or isolated.
4. Community groups reacted well but there is concern around sustainability and future capacity.
5. People are confident that they can ask their neighbours for help.
6. Local people have said they will do more to support local business
7. People are positive about volunteering in their local area.
8. People report to be more active (socially and physically) than before.
9. People are positive about their local area and the community they live in.
Now they want to hear about how life has been for you over the past six months. The results will give the Council and Community Planning Partners an understanding about the many different experiences of people across Aberdeenshire.
The information collected will only be used to understand the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on communities in Aberdeenshire and help them plan their services for the future. This second phase will enable further understanding of the ongoing impact and any new or emerging issues, new challenges, and changes to individual and community priorities.
The survey will be open until 18 July and should only take between 15 and 20 minutes to complete.
Feedback from the survey will be published on the Council website in the Autumn and presented to Community Planning Partners later in 2021.
The survey can be access online using the following link: Community Impact Assessment 2021 | Engage Aberdeenshire
If you would like any additional information, have any questions, or would like the survey in an alternative format please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 03456 08 12 08.
There is also a Rapid Young Persons Community Impact Assessment aimed at under 24s which will take less than 5 minutes to complete.