Go Celebrate! Awards 2021
The NESCol Go Celebrate! Awards Ceremony is an annual event which gives us the opportunity to recognise students who have gone the extra mile during their studies.
Usually held in one of the NESCol training restaurants, this year the ceremony moved online. If you missed the Premiere, you can watch it back here:
The ceremony saw winners named across five Go Celebrate! categories, the Amanda Mills Award (presented annually to an outstanding HND Social Sciences student) and three Grampian Motor Trust Training Awards.
The award winners and highly commended recipients come from a wide variety of courses delivered across all three of our main campuses.
Go Celebrate! Awards
Students and staff were invited to put forward nominees who had inspired them over the academic year by overcoming adversity, helping their community, demonstrating an innovative approach to their studies, or those who have shown consistently hard work and commitment.
Go You Award
This award celebrates success in the face of adversity and overcome challenges such as:
- Showing commitment to their studies, including through timekeeping and attendance
- Displaying an enthusiastic attitude to learning and personal development
- Demonstrating resilience in the face of adversity or challenges.
Winner – Jordan Stewart
Go Green Award
This award recognises the contribution of a student who has championed the College’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibilities by:
- Promoting the ethos of environmental and social sustainability
- Serving as an ambassador for the College’s green ambitions and encouraging good practice among students, staff or the wider community
- Enabling staff and students to make informed decisions relating to the impact of their actions on the environment
Winner – Grace Mcarthur
Go Innovate Award
This category showcases a student’s exciting use of knowledge and skills by:
- Embracing new technology and concepts in their course area;
- Generating ideas and pushing boundaries to provide solutions with the potential for wider roll-out
- Inspiring students and staff with their focus on the future and opportunities for innovation
Winner – Regan Gray
Go Make a Difference Award
This award marks the achievements of a student who has engaged with the community to make a difference by:
- Supporting others in the College and wider community to work towards shared goals
- Participating in voluntary work
- Representing the College in a positive, proactive manner with a focus on collaboration
Winner – Eilidh Morrison
Runner Up – Hannah Snow
Go Excel Award
This award recognises a student who has excelled at College in the current academic year by:
- Achieving a high level of attainment
- Showing aptitude and in-depth understanding of course content as well as its wider application
- Engaging with College life, including with staff and fellow students as well as through extra-curricular activities.
Winner – Claire Robertson
Runner Up – Beata Tetkowska
Runner Up – Eloise Barnes
Amanda Mills Award
This award, which recognises outstanding achievement, is presented in memory of former Social Sciences student, Amanda Mills.
Winner – Lucas Grant
The Grampian Motor Training Trust Awards
Grampian Motor Training Trust has been providing support for the development of skills within the Automotive industry in the North East of Scotland for a number of years and have in previous years supported apprentices attending NESCol.
This year the Trust decided to give awards to three exceptional apprentices.
GMTT Apprentice of the Year for Light Vehicle Maintenance at Fraserburgh Campus
Awarded to: Joe Valdor
GMTT Apprentice of the Year for Light Vehicle Maintenance at Aberdeen Altens Campus
Awarded to: Wojciech Witkowski
GMTT Apprentice of the Year – Paint and Body
Awarded to: Cameron Thomson